Monday, February 6, 2012

Facebook Users Ask, "Where’s Our Cut?"


ArticleFacebook Users Ask, ‘Where’s Our Cut?’ - New York Times

This is similar to providing content to sites like Yelp.com That is a site I have contributed 165 reviews to. I am one of their "Elite" members, invited because of my involvement in their community. I do get to go to special events just for the Elite Members. And, when I do, I consider that as compensation for what I contribute.

But, if you contribute to a site (like Facebook) that doesn't have anything like that, you are contributing for free. My advice would be to post your content to your own blog (where you can include advertisements that will pay you), and only post links and teaser headlines on Facebook. In that way, you are using Facebook just as they are using you!

No comments:

Post a Comment